Where I've been featured!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Walkathon poster



So I started this poster for my daughter's walkathon. The idea was cute, "I'll have them create letters with their bodies".

Problem:

Boys didn't want to touch the girls and girls didn't want to have anything at all to do with the boys. Blahahahaha. Yes, I'm okay with that:) It was quite challenging and I had to bribe several kids as the "yuck" factor kicked in.

When I got home to print them up, I placed them in order and I realized that you couldn't tell what it said. SO I started cutting out black paper to form the letters.

...but then I ran out of black paper. It was midnight. Ugh!

Then I pulled out a sharpie. Yes, a felt tip black pen!

....Halfway through that, I ran out of ink. Ugh again!

30 minutes later, with all the drawers pulled out, I found a fine tip black sharpie in my kids shoe. Don't even ask me how it got there but I felt blessed.

....well, kindof. Fine tip was rather challenging with a 3 by 5 foot poster!

I finished the poster exhasted at 4am, went to sleep and woke up 3 hours later in a coffee induced haze and posted it in front of the class. I pretended I had slept the hole night and the poster was a breeze....ha! I'm sure the bags under my eyes didn't fool anyone!

Final outcome: Front page of the online newsletter.

:)

I'm happy!

1 comment:

  1. That poster is truely a work of art!!! The story behind the creating is indicative of your talent and perseverance!!!

    ReplyDelete